What are the best makeup products to replace for the summer?
During the hot summer days your makeup gets be put to the test. One of the biggest mistakes women make is using heavy makeup that will smear and melt on your face as soon as you step into in the sun. I have some summer makeup you need to add to your collection to withstand the heat and humidity. No Sweat!
“One of the biggest mistakes women make is using heavy makeup that will smear and melt on your face as soon as you step into in the sun.”
I’ve become a tough customer and I’ve tested some of these products in hot and humid conditions. Read on to see my summer makeup swap that will give you an effortless, yet glamorous look on or off the beach.
Rather than using heavy foundation, switch to a lighter tinted moisturizer with SPF or 15+ for a makeup-free look. There are several moisture surge oil-free tinted moisturizers that hydrate the skin, cover imperfections and illuminate for a radiant look.
Heavy and loose powders minimize shine, but in humid climate, sweating through makeup…well, you get the picture. I recommend going without powder and accenting cheeks with a creamy blush. For a kissable accent, add a hint of the same cream in the center of your lips or opt for a tinted moisturizing lip balm.
There’s nothing like a pop of color to the eyes. Choose a gilded look with metallic shadows over a matte look. Metallic has a beautiful glow sunrise to sunset. Top eyes off with a gel eyeliner to keep the liner from smearing.
5 Tips for Summer Makeup Swaps
- Swap out your winter foundation coverage for a tinted moisturizer with SPF. Clinique’s Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 15 is a perfect replacement with a lightweight formula in six skin-perfecting shades.
- Swap out your powder for cream blush. I love Gorgeous Cosmetics Cheek Blush with subtle pigments to accent every skin tone. Try a little on your pout for a glowing sheen.
- Swap out lip gloss for lip tint. Gloss tends to melt and Clinique’s Chubby Stick Baby Tint Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm compliments your natural lip tone. Use it all year round. It’s truly the balm!
- Swap out your eyeliner for gel eyeliner. Take your eyeliner look to the next level with Lancome’s Liner Design Long Wear Calligraphy Gel Eyeliner smudge-proof and waterproof formula. Available in eight colors. Tip: Fan to dry!
- Swap matte eyeshadow for gilded eye. Illuminate your eye with the Estee Lauder Pure Color Instant Intense Trio Eyeshadow. Create a gilded metallic summer look with perfection.
Leah, now that you have swapped out your heavier makeup products for light weight summer ones, you’re free to let go and have fun in the sun. Don’t forget your sunscreen. For the best in sunscreens, click here.