Welcome to the third installment of our Meet the Maker series, where we profile an all-star vendor from our Close to Home shop! This week is all about Shaun, from the Roadkiln/bfloGALS brand – she creates lovely bangles and bracelets bursting with pride for her hometown of Buffalo, New York. Shaun is unique in that she realized her artistic potential later in life, truly living out the quote “it’s never too late to follow your dreams!”, and is now a successful, full-time artist. Check out some of Shaun’s work below and scroll down for a Q&A between us.
Leather Buffalo Bangle // Silver Buffalo Bangle
Shaun agreed to a short Q&A, and I learned so much about her and her brand! Check it out:
- Tell us a bit about the story behind your business. How and why did you get started?
I come from a family of artistic “late bloomers”. While in the midst of a teaching career, on a whim a friend invited me to join her at a copper enamel workshop with a master enamellist. Little did I know that this would totally change the course of my life. Continue reading →
As the season’s change, so should your work wardrobe. From a new take on the classic shirt to posh accessories, the bold new suit, springtime hues and a refined take on casual Friday, there are plenty of ways to slay at the office this season. Here are a few of my favorites!
1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 Continue reading →
I don’t know about you, but I sure am ready to trade in my winter handbag for something a bit more fresh and new. From fun new shapes to cool prints, pops of color and modern accents, spring handbags are having a style party all their own for 2017. Whether you opt for something more polished — or are a girl who just wants a fun handbag on her arm — there’s something for everyone in this mixed bag of spring’s best handbags.
- Modern Messenger: I am always drawn to neutral snakeskin handbags but it’s the oversized chain-linked handle and rectangle shape that sealed the deal for me on this Michael Kors “Gianna” messenger handbag. So luxe, with just the right amount of edge.
- White Is Right: White and cream handbags are an on-trend choice for spring, and this Calvin Klein “Serena” satchel is a chic choice. I love the subtle quilting detail and gold accents, which make it a great work-to-cocktails option.
- Seeing Red: Saddle bags continue to be a stellar trend for spring, especially in fun new colors. Red is definitely one of the biggest colors this spring, and rocking a red saddle bag will instantly update your weekend look. I dig the gold accents on this Vera Bradley “Carson” bag, which lend a bit of polish to this relaxed style.
- Posh Patchwork: From denim to handbags, patches are a huge trend for spring 2017. This scholastic-cool Michael Kors “Mercer” duffle bag is the perfect bag for those looking to add a bit of it-girl edge to their spring wardrobes. Plus, the appliques are detachable, so it’s almost like getting two handbags in one!
- Versatile & Reversible: But if you’re really into two-for-one, you will love this Guess ‘Bobbi” reversible tote! Perfect for the weekends and travel, the reversible tote is slouchy yet sophisticated, thanks to its faux pebbled leather texture. Plus, the tie gives a posh feminine vibe to this otherwise unisex tote.
There’s a perfect handbag match for each and every one of us this spring, thanks to this season’s fresh crop of cool bags. Which spring handbag will be your new arm candy?