Guest Written by Ariana Moshref
The sun has finally decided to stop playing peek-a-boo, and summer is officially in full swing. That means grilling out in the backyard, drinking ice-cold lemonade, and planning lots and lots of trips to the beach. But we all know a beach day is no fun if you show up unprepared. We want your summer to be packed with perfect beach days, so we compiled this list of 12 essentials for your beach bag to ensure you have everything you need for a perfectly executed day of sun soaking and splish splashing. Life’s a beach with this handy checklist!
12 Beach Bag Essentials all the Fashionista’s These Days Are Carrying…
- Hat: We love the beach as much as the next person, but sunburn and premature wrinkles are not chic. Luckily, you can remain burn-free and super cute at the same time with this fun, bright hat.
- Sunglasses: You can’t have a proper beach outing without the right eyewear! These sunnies are on trend and will protect your eyes whether you’re lounging with a book, or playing beach volleyball. Spike!
- Perfume: Being in the sun all day can get a little messy. This convenient perfume spray stick makes it easy to freshen up post sun and sand.
- Illuminator: The beach is all about low-maintenance beauty, but this illuminator stick will make you shine and glow like the beach beauty you are. Watch out, sun, you’ve got some competition.
- Hair Oil: Beach waves are beautiful, but frizz and dry ends…? Not so much. Prevent the bad side effects of beach air with this lightweight oil.
- Waterproof Mascara: The only thing that should be running is you, after a Frisbee…not your mascara! Prevent raccoon eyes with an easy swap for a waterproof formula.
- Tote: A beach bag should be two things: beach-chic & extra roomy. This bag checks off both boxes. It features plenty of room for all your beach essentials, but is still cute enough to carry to a post-sun bite to eat.
- Lip Mender: Prevent your lips from getting dry and chapped with this essential balm.
- Sunscreen: Protect, protect, protect!! If you are going to spend all day in the sun, you must come prepared to defend your skin those nasty little rays. A stick formula makes application easy and grease-free.
- Sandals: Sand doesn’t mix well with complicated footwear. These boho flip flops easily slide on and off so you can get back to the beach fun without worrying about your shoes.
- Water Bottle: Hydrating isn’t the most fun beach activity, but it is more than necessary. Come prepared with this reusable water bottle that features a built-in ice cube!
- Throw: Up your style factor by swapping out a ratty old beach towel for this chic throw. The fringe gives off that perfect beach vibe, and its machine washable for easy clean up.
Now that you have a handy checklist for your beach tote, you can swim, tan, spike, boat, and splash with ease knowing you are the chicest & most prepared on the shore. Beach on, style sister!