We all love to indulge a little (or a lot!) over the holidays, so there’s no doubt that giving the gift of fitness apparel and accessories is an easy way to get a smile from everyone on your list. From cool clothes that get you in the mood to move to chic new fitness trackers, comfy sneakers and convenient bags to store all your gym essentials, there’s an active gift that’s perfect for your loved ones who love to move. Here’s a look at a few of my favorites:
- For Your Chic Mom: If your mom’s idea of working out is taking a brisk walk through her neighborhood, this open-knit Lauren Active poncho is her fitness spirit animal. She’ll be reaching her 10,000 steps in no time!
- For Your Tech-Loving Dad: Always on the hunt for the newest gadget, your dad will love this Fossil smart watch. Its black silicone strap is sporty chic in design, and its activity tracker will count his steps, distance and calories burned. This is one gift he will cherish — and tinker with — all year long.
- For Your Colorful Daughter: She can be a handful — but you wouldn’t trade her boisterous personality for the world. And there isn’t much she loves more than the color pink and getting her groove on. She’ll be running, dancing and jumping with glee in her new Adidas tee. After all, like the tee says, she’s “Always On.”
- For Your Mini Jock Son: Let’s face it; anytime you can get him to actually put his pants on is a small victory. Luckily, these roomy joggers are perfect for everything from racing through your house to playing catch with dad. Plus, they’re so comfy it’s almost like wearing nothing at all. Almost.
- For Your Funky Sister: She never misses a bootcamp and always loves to stretch out with a little yoga. But she still looks great, even when breaking a sweat. These New Balance multicolored sneakers with an eclectic splatter graphic will keep her looking fab through every burpee and mountain climber.
- For Your Wild Best Friend: I am way more motivated to work out when I’m wearing something fun. And something tells me your free-spirited bestie feels the same. She’ll be the hit of her spin class with these lace and animal print capri leggings from Betsey Johnson Performance.
- For Your On-the-Go Husband: How many times has your man skipped a trip to the gym because he forgot his shoes or shorts when he was running out the door? A dapper duffel, like this gray and black Under Armour carryall, is a simple and convenient answer. (His buff bod will be a bonus gift for you.)
Your friends and family will have no excuse for staying sedentary in the New Year, thanks to your fabulous fitness gifts. Don’t forget to pick up a little fitness find for yourself, too!