Have the urge to splurge? It’s tax return season, which means you may have a little extra dough you’re ready to spend on something fabulous — just for you! After all, you worked hard that money so you better treat yourself right. I often buy myself a little something fun with my tax return; last year it was a Coach handbag, this year I have my eye on Ray-Ban aviators you’ll be seeing later in this blog. Here’s my ultimate wish list for what to buy with your tax return. Which item will make its way into your wardrobe?
- The Luxe Ankle Boot: I love an ankle boot that can effortlessly take you from winter to spring, and these Coach “Izzie” heels are a great choice. I love the polished leather, open toe, exposed ankle and slightly higher ankle wrap. In either black or rich chestnut, these will be your new go-to boots, thanks to your tax return.
- The Timeless Handbag: I don’t know about you, but I can’t live without a versatile, does-it-all handbag. It needs to me roomy, chic and comfy on my shoulders, too. That’s why this Coach “Edie” bag, with its cool mixed leathers, is the perfect choice to buy with your tax return.
- The Statement Ring: There’s nothing quite like picking out a pricy right for yourself. I love this gorgeous Effy gold and diamond ring. It’s an everyday piece that is guaranteed to get noticed. Its design is modern — yet it goes with everything. There’s no doubt you would cherish this one forever.
- The Stunning Bracelet Watch: Kate Spade has a wonderful way of making all of her watches as beautiful as a posh bracelet. This watch in particular is so glam with its crystal daisies and unique accents. I’d wear this for dressier occasions, or for everyday with a few bangles.
- The Classic Trench Coat: Whether it be structured, soft or in an unexpected fabric or color, the trench coats is a classic piece that every well-dressed woman should have in her closet. I love this Ralph Lauren option, with its light twill fabric and high structured collar. Talk about a power coat!
- The Bright Dress: Bold, colorful stripes are a huge trend for spring, and this Nicole Miller dress perfectly translates that trend. This dress is the perfect splurge for spring and summer weddings, date night and beyond. You can dress it up with a clutch and heels or dress it down with espadrilles and a woven handbag.
- The Cool Aviators: I am a Ray-Ban girl — and for good reason; these sunglasses tend to be effortlessly chic and wonderfully durable. I have been searching for the perfect aviator frame, which never goes out of style. And lo and behold, I have found my aviator spirit animal. I can’t wait to cash that check and make these mine!
It’s time to “treat yo self,” so why not start by finding the perfect gift for yourself with your tax return? From handbags and jewelry to shoes, dresses and coats, there are plenty of ways to splurge this spring.