Are your tootsies ready to play? It’s almost peep-toe season, and we know you’re prepped and ready with a new pedicure in your favorite spring shade. This season, a few key trends have emerged that all fashionistas will be kickin’ in this spring and summer. Here’s a look at the seven shoe styles you’ll be coveting this season:
- City Sandals: Sandals with a bit of edge are always city appropriate, and these Vince Camuto “Kanara” heels are a perfect translation of the trend. A fun perforated design and ankle tie ensure this low 2 ¾ heel is still sexy and posh.
- Eclectic Vibes: Bold orange and fringe? These Guess “Econi” heels were love at first site. Eclectic shoes in bright colors, with applique or rocking funky fringe, grommets or embroidery, are a must this season — and truly elevate even the most basic jeans and tee look. There’s no question these heels would be the star of your style show. (Orange you glad I found them? OK — I had to!)
- Sleek Slides: Slides have made a major comeback, and are especially fresh in a block heel and metallic finish, like these Nanette Lepore “Remi” slides. I love these with frayed denim or any of our favorite athleisure looks. Shine on, and slide on!
- All Laced Up: Lace-up sandals were a hit last season, and continue to find a home with the fashionable set this spring and summer as well. I dig these Steve Madden “Rizzaa” sandals because of the low heel (comfy all day!) paired with the super-stylish lace-up design. So chic!
- Sparkle & Shine: There’s nothing better than a metallic sandal for special occasions. Gold and silver complement nearly every color, and also are a great alternative to nude for lengthening the leg. These Betsey Johnson “Kelly” sandals were made for date night — and the dance floor!
- All About the Ankle: Ankle straps have emerged as a huge trend in spring shoes, especially when paired with a block heel. The look is fresh yet inherently feminine, especially when rocked in a pasted hue, like these Steve Madden “Irene” sandals.
- Whiteout Sneakers: Ever since Baby dirty danced her way into Johnny’s arms in her classic Keds, white sneakers have held a special place in my heart. (Especially when paired with denim cutoffs!) This season, they are back and cuter than ever. Whether you go for the basic Keds, perforated details, slip ons, metallic accents or even fun embroidery, like these Sam Edelman “Cyrus” sneakers, you will be on trend and in step with a white sneaker this spring.
Are you ready for some pumped-up kicks this spring? Whether you opt for an eclectic sandal, chic slide, posh sneaker or laced-up lovelies, you are guaranteed to slay your shoe game if you integrate these fab trends into your spring shoe collection.