A woman with a power handbag can rule the world. Or, at the very least, feel like she can — which is half the battle. I love to carry a power handbag anytime I travel, rush to a meeting or even network over coffee. They’re almost always satchels, and a bit larger in size so they can hold that all-important laptop. Whether you opt for a neutral shade or statement color, your power handbag should be sleek, bold and represent your personal style. Here’s a look at a few of my favs:
- Flower Power: Florals on a power handbag? It’s true! You can rock a feminine style statement and exude a powerful vibe by choosing a sophisticated take on the floral trend. I love this intricately embroidered Vera Bradley bag, which merges pretty flowers with masculine details, like exposed zippers. It’s a 2017 take on girl power, for sure.
- The Luxe Looker: It doesn’t get much more luxurious than this cream and black faux croc-embossed Brahmin handbag. I love the gold details and the neutral yet bold nature of the bag. It’s a petite power handbag that packs quite a fashionable punch.
- A Little Bohemian: While most power handbags are structured, I love the idea of taking a nod from ’70s styles and choosing a more relaxed satchel, like this Calvin Klein bag. Plus, the long strap is a great crossbody option. And the unexpected burgundy tone is a fab choice for a hint of color.
- Classical Reinvention: For a polished power handbag with a personality all its own, I often opt for an nontraditional shape, like this dome handbag by Anne Klein. The off-white color is perfectly on-trend, and is just as versatile as any go-to black handbag. Plus, I love this shape for tying a scarf on the handle for a cute dash of color.
- Patchwork Perfection: If you want to make an eclectic statement, this Coach satchel is a posh choice. I love the mix of textured and smooth leathers, and the cool patchwork design. Plus, the neutral tones allow this pattered bag to mix and match with almost everything in your wardrobe.
- Colorblock Chic: Create a refined look with a handbag that marries three sophisticated colors — black, taupe and white — in a unique colorblock pattern. I dig the shiny nature of the black panels, which are grounded by the matte finish of the taupe and white. Add the classic top handles and this Ralph Lauren look is a modern take on the career handbag.
- Not-So-Basic Black: While black handbags have long been the it-bag for career women, I love to seek out a new take on these classic bags. This Dooney & Bourke satchel is a fun choice because of its bold red interior, cool pebbled texture and exposed stitching. And because I live for versatility, the crossbody option also earns this power bag extra credit.
Which power handbag will give you the confidence to land that major account or shiny new job? Now’s the time to update your handbag and make a powerful statement as you get ready to step into spring and take the world by storm. Go get it, girl!