Black Friday is here, and with it the biggest and best holiday deals of the year. There’s a reason we bundle up, brave massively long lines and wake up at a ridiculously early hour: The sales just can’t be beat.
I always have a strategy. I carefully comb over the mailers from all the stores I hope to visit, highlight the items I need to buy, and devise a plan of action of where to start (near the door) and where to end (near the checkout). It’s not fool-proof, but I always feel better going in with a plan.
I also always opt for comfy shoes, like flat boots, and wear a cross-body handbag so my hands can be free for grabbing my new purchases. Also, considering layering up so you can leave your top layer in the car and be cool and comfortable in-store. Jeans, a tunic, sweater and scarf are my Black Friday mainstays.
On my shopping list this year? Outerwear, fitness gear and fragrances are topping the list, but I always love to be surprised by an unexpected markdown of an item I hadn’t even considered. That coat you’ve been coveting all season is now half-off? There’s your chance to treat yourself, as well, this holiday season.
Here are my top 10 picks for a fashionable — and deal-savvy — Black Friday:
- Vince Camuto® Riding Boots: Half-off price, full-on style — the season’s must have boots are a better deal than ever. I love the stylish quilting on these classic riding boots, and will play off the texture by pairing them with printed and textured leggings this winter. Originally $198, these “made for walkin’” boots are nearly $100 off at $99.
- T Tahari® Wrap Coat: Wrap coats are the outerwear must-have of the season, and I can’t wait to wrap myself up in this chic style. Originally $365, it’s now 40% off, and an addition $60 off on Black Friday!
- Isotoner® Signature and Ruff Hewn Gloves & Mittens: Warm and chic, gloves and mittens make a perfect holiday gift for nearly anyone on your list. I love the heart design on these cozy mittens and the option of fabric-free fingers for texting. Originally $32, they are only $14.97 on Black Friday. What a perfect stocking stuffer!
- MICHAEL Michael Kors Active Outerwear: Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean you can stop working out outdoors. I love a crisp winter run or walk, but you need to layer up. This jacket is the perfect mix of function and style. I already own this one in gray but blue will be finding its way into my closet this Black Friday! Originally $220, it’s now $69.69!
- Keurig® K10 Mini Plus Single-Serve Brewing System: I use my orange Keurig Mini every morning for a steaming-hot cup of green tea for myself and a decadent cup of Butter Toffee or Nutty Caramel coffee for my boyfriend. Originally $150, this fashionable and time-saving kitchen staple is now $89.97.
- John Bartlett Pet Beds: Remember Fido this season, and keep him cozy in his own trendy pet bed. Bringing home a puppy for Christmas? Buy two — trust me, they have a penchant for using their very first bed as a large chew toy! Originally $30, this posh bed is now $9.97.
- Samsonite® Luggage: I travel a lot, so I am constantly replacing luggage —especially my carry-ons. This Samsonite luggage us super sleek and done in a bright red hue that can’t be missed. Originally up to $560, it’s now 65% off!
- Cuddl Duds® Cozy Wrap: Layer up and avoid the winter chill with cozy and oh-so-warm Cuddl Duds. I live for loungwear at home, and this microfleece wrap is the perfect topper to my soft tunics and leggings. Originally $48, this fun wrap is 50% off on Black Friday.
- Everlast® Wireless Fitness Tracker Watch: Fitness experts recommend you take 10,000 steps per day to optimize your heath and wellness, and this colorful fitness tracker makes that a fashionable endeavor. Originally $80, choose your favorite color — teal, yellow, pink, coral and more — on Black Friday for $49.97.
- Clinique Perfectly Happy Gift Set: Need a cool gift for less than $50? Fragrance and cosmetics sets are a holiday gift everyone covets. Spread a little happiness with the Clinique Perfectly Happy Gift Set, which includes a perfume spray and body cream (fab for fragrance layering) and a convenient, travel-ready rollerball. (Plus, receive a luxe weekender rolling bag with a purchase of $65 or more!) An $80 value, this gift set is slashed to $44.97 for Black Friday.
Don’t forget to make your list – and check it twice. Black Friday is a great time to pick up odds and ends like candles, coffee accessories, jewelry and cosmetics sets that make fabulous gifts for hostesses and your office exchange. In the end, I’d rather stock up than be left empty-handed when I need a quick gift.