Fashionistas have the blues this winter. But don’t fret: Nobody’s pouting over the season’s coolest hue. Navy blue is a must-have in both fashion and home décor for 2017, and designers are responding with a fresh crop of designs that put this tempting tone in the spotlight. Here are a few of my favorite pieces, available now!
- The Pant: My go-to pant — leather leggings — get an instant update this season, thanks to Ralph Lauren’s navy version. Layer a gray sweater over a white tunic for a chic color combo.
- The Boots: Blue suede boots are having a major moment, and these Steve Madden booties are a great navy addition to your wardrobe. Pair them with a flowy peasant dress and tights for a carefree yet posh look.
- The Dress: From winter weddings to dressy cocktail parties, this navy Vera Wang stunner is the perfect answer to last season’s little black dress. However, you can still wear it with your favorite black accessories for a modern interpretation of the trend.
- The Handbag: A structured tote is an essential handbag for me, and I can’t get enough of this croc-embossed, faux leather handbag by Nine West. The navy color is a refreshing break from basic black, and it’s does-it-all-size makes it great for work.
- The Pumps: Heels don’t have to be 4 inches tall to be all-out sexy, and these Sam Edelman navy pumps are the perfect example of that. I love the lace-up details and pointy toe, which elongate the leg without the hurt of height. And did I mention they are on Yellow Dot?
- The Watch: Kate Spade had me at crystals, gold and stars — but the navy face is the icing on this celestial watch cake. It’s one gorgeous starry night, indeed!
- The Coat: There’s no coat cut more modern than a slightly boxy boyfriend topper. And the navy tone is unexpected and fashion-forward. Plus, I love the strategically placed zippers, which give this boyfriend style a figure-flattering detail.
Stylist’s Tip: Navy pairs well with many colors, notably bright white, vivid orange, true red and magenta. Try some of these flirty and fun color combos today.
From glam dresses to street chic booties, power handbags and even your favorite winter coat, true blue navy is everywhere this season. Now’s the time to make it your go-to neutral!