While kids can get away with taking fashion “risks” most of the year, the holidays are a clear exception. Between school recitals and plays, church activities, family dinners and neighborhood gatherings, December is the month that children need to step up their studly style. Luckily, fashionable options abound — even for little boys. Here’s a look at some of my top picks for fashionable duds for your dapper dude this holiday season:
- The Junior Stud: He may be young, but he’s already got the wink down pat. And that means he’ll want to look extra fresh this holiday season. A classic blue vest/pant combo, set off by a trendy plaid shirt and burgundy tie, should do the trick.
- The Baby Hipster: Even as a baby, he’s way too aloof to look like he spent too much time on his outfit. A casual-chic pair of khakis and a whimsical bow tie perfectly punctuate his devil-may-care style. But don’t forget the must-have shawl sweater to complete the Portland-ready look.
- The Mix-and-Match Pro: Between sports, school, Snapchat and girls, his closet is a mixed bag of jerseys, graphic tees, denim and a stray blazer. Luckily, his eclectic wardrobe can be easily be mixed and matched to create his own unique holiday style. A velvet blazer, casual black pant and red plaid shirt create a cool outfit for a young man with his own personal style.
- The Geek-Chic Charmer: A master of mischief and a lover of books, he is the only one who fully understands how to use your iPhone after the latest update. But who can resist that devilish grin and his wacky shirt and bow tie combos? This Nautica set is his perfect match.
- The Adorable Santa’s Helper: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow — this wee one can’t hide his love for all things Christmas. And he loves nothing more than to give his favorite snowman props by donning a vest with his likeness. The plaid shirt and corduroy pants finish this cheek-pinchingly cute look to frosty fabulousness.
What’s your son’s style personality? From hipster babes to Santa’s little helpers, there’s plenty of options to ensure your little one looks posh this holiday season. Which dapper style will you choose?